Since 2007, Crisis Cleaning has specialized in meth lab decontamination, with full-time employees who only work in this area. With the growing meth epidemic – especially in our service area – proper decontamination is more essential than ever.
Maybe you know your property has been through a meth lab bust, but you don’t see any residue, and you haven’t noticed any effects. You may think this means you’re safe. You don’t have to pay for decontamination, and you can just move on.
Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case.
Methamphetamine residue is an invisible vapor that clings to every surface in a home – from the windows to the walls to the floors. It seeps into soft surfaces – carpets and furnishings. You can’t paint over it, and you can’t clean it up with consumer-grade antibacterial cleaners.
Though you may not think meth is a problem in your property, extended exposure to even low levels of methamphetamine residue can cause serious health problems. Whether it’s your own home that may be contaminated or a rental property, decontamination brings you peace of mind.
As meth becomes a bigger problem around the nation, many states have increasingly strict meth lab decontamination rules. In states like Indiana, properties involved in a meth lab bust must be decontaminated within a short time frame. Fail to decontaminate, and your property will wind up on the state’s clandestine meth lab list for all the world to see.
Though not all states have these rules, it can be difficult to manage your local, county, and state regulations for meth lab decontamination. That’s why it pays to bring in the professionals. Crisis Cleaning has worked with local Health and Police Departments for over 7 years. We know how to ensure that your property meets all necessary regulations throughout the decontamination process.
The Cost of Cleanup
Meth lab decontamination probably costs less than you think it will. Maybe you’ve heard horror stories of homes that needed to be completely demolished due to meth residue. Or maybe you just assume that it will cost tens of thousands of dollars to rid your property of the poison.
In fact, meth lab decontamination is surprisingly affordable, at least when you make the right choices.
At Crisis Cleaning, we use the latest technology available to quickly and easily decontaminate your property. Our process requires very little tear-out or reconstruction, making it quite affordable. If you have property insurance, it’s likely that your insurer will pay for some or most of the cost of decontamination. In fact, we’ll work directly with your insurance company to take care of those details as much as possible.
So what does meth lab decontamination look like? Here are the steps we take to ensure your property is meth free:
- Testing: We begin with quantitative pre-testing to determine how contaminated your property is, and which areas are most contaminated.
- Cleanup: Our professionals carefully clean the home of leftover belongings and debris, and remove porous components like furniture and carpeting.
- Vacuuming: We use HEPA-certified vacuums to remove all dust from the property.
- Decontamination: Our certified meth lab decontamination experts cover every square inch of your property – including ventilation systems – with a specialized biodegradable cleaning solution that deactivates the meth contaminants. We rinse the solution with water to ensure your property meets or exceeds state, local, and federal regulations for meth decontamination.
- Post-Testing: After the property is cleaned, we run more tests to document that the home is completely clean. If required in your area, we’ll send the Certificate of Decontamination and report to the local and state health departments.
This brief overview makes meth lab decontamination sound easy. However, the processes, equipment, and cleaning solutions involved all take specialized training. This is why Crisis Cleaning employs full-time, certified meth lab decontamination specialists. If your property isn’t below your state’s clearance levels after the first cleaning, we’ll re-clean your property at no additional cost to you.
When you find yourself in need of meth lab decontamination, call our 24-hour emergency hotline at (877) 260-4828 for a free, guaranteed pre-testing quote.
Crisis Cleaning gives services in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Ohio. We provide a complete answer for environmental issues on Meth Lab Cleanup. Feel free to call us at (877) 260-4828 or send us an email.